Monday, May 5, 2008

Joy!!!!

Yesterday was just an awesome experience of joy for me. It started during the pre-service run thru, carried over into the pre-service prayer and then right on into the service. I was so glad to be in God's house, singing and worshipping Him. It was awesome. Nothing new happened, we didn't really play any new songs. It was my attitude of gratitude. I was just thanking God for everything, my family, my hosue, food i get to eat, my pastor, my church family. Sometimes, we need to kick start the feelings of joy and happiness and then God and the Holy Spirit just take over. While we were playing There is No Other Name, I just started strumming and jamming along what I heard in my heart and the whole church broke into an Amen chorus.. it was quite amazing. It was beautiful. The Holy Spirit was there and in control. Good Stuff!!! Here is our setlist from yesterday:

Awesome God
We Want to See Jesus Lifted High->
I Heard the Sound of Voices->
There is No Other Name * with Amen chorus->
I Saw the Light
Awesome God reprise
and for the altar time, Breathe

Ok, some geeky guitar stuff.. for Breathe, I used my 12 string acoustic and ran it thru my Alesis AcoustiFX Acoustic Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal with a nice swirling speaker sound.. kinda vibey.. I thought it was cool. I also had Leah on piano playing with a voice effect. Mixing it up..

So, no rehearsal tomorrow.. Cassidy will be bridging into Junior Girl Scouts from Brownies.. go to be there for that.. I will post the setlist for Sunday sometime tomorrow or early Wednesday.

and remember Mother's Day is this Sunday.
have a great day.. look at that sun shining.. oh man..

In Him..
Tony

2 comments:

janec64 said...

I think that little pow wow about Worship Tues. night helped out. I know it helped me pray more and I really felt his presence Sunday.

I hope it continues.....

See ya Wednesday!!

Jane

Leah P said...

I had a great time on Sunday as well and I was able to worship in a way that I haven't done for a long time. The holy spirit was definitely present on Sunday!